What is it?
A New Zealand wide annual celebration of coworking!
National Coworking Day is organised to encourage as many potential, new, or existing, coworkers to try out New Zealand's amazing coworking spaces. Dozens of coworking spaces open up every year in our regions. This annual event is an ideal chance to check out your nearest space - for free!
National Coworking Day has one aim, that is encouraging more people to use coworking.
National Coworking Day achieves its aim by:
You can find more information about coworking, or co-working as it is also written, on this site.
National Coworking Day will also be an event during the TechWeek calendar. In case you haven't heard of TechWeek, it is a New Zealand wide celebration of innovation that is good for the world, and we truly believe coworking, and what coworkers often do there, is an innovative approach to future business in New Zealand.
When was it?
22 May 2019...
...plus the entire working week 20 - 24 May in some spaces!
Many coworking spaces will offer the entire week from 20 to 24 of May for FREE coworking to visitors. This means visitors can spend longer in one space, or visit multiple spaces in a region. Every coworking space is unique so it's a good idea to try as many as you can, especially if you have never used one before.
No time to scroll?
See our regions close up.
How is this all organised?
National Coworking Day is, and always will be free because of it being a:
- Free event for coworking spaces taking part
- Free support from coworking space hosts and owners to make the event happen
- Free for all visitors to coworking spaces taking part during the event
- Free Techweek event hosting, promotion and support from their team
- Free endorsement from NZ's Cowork Hui group and the fledgling Coworking Association NZ.
- Free photographs for marketing the event from the digitalnz.org archives of New Zealand's past to reflect this new way of working
- Free national coordination by staff at Double Farley